View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 08, 2013, 09:27am
Esteemed Forum Member

Simple ??? Yeah, Sure ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
IAABO has been doing long switches all along.
Here in 100% IAABO, 95% two person, Connecticut, the entire state, tried "no long switches in the backcourt when there is no change of possession" a few years ago. It seemed simple enough, right? When an offensive player is handling the ball in the backcourt, and a defensive player fouls the offensive player, then the trail just reports the foul, doesn't switch, goes back, and is still the trail. Simple? Right?

Wrong. Some guys used this on rebounding fouls, especially called from the trail, where there wasn't team possession (due to the try). Others used this on garden variety, player control (charging) fouls, typically called from the lead, not sure why, maybe because, with the turnover, the frontcourt just became the backcourt? Or, maybe, because it was convenient (substitute lazy for convenient, if you like)?

I believe that it lasted, no more than, two years. Now we're back to long switches, all the time.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 08, 2013 at 03:53pm.