View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 06, 2013, 11:23am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
There is abundant, solid, well researched advise built into the recommended mechanic of favoring the passing arm of the passer, that should be seriously considered when determining the chosen positioning of the Referee.

However, the specific game you are working, play callin preferences related to how this specific game is unfolding, for each team, the Referee's personal capabilities (or rstrictions thereof), the specific capabilities and experience of crew mates, you are actually working with at that game and any number of other factors unique to the game you are working, may influence the positioning decision.

Any and all factors, certainly including all those built into the recommended positioning, should be considered for each game, by the Referee assigned to that particular game.
Well for the record my Referee has been working football for 30 plus years and gets all over the field appropriately. And he complains as if he is going to retire every year. So I am not so sure of what physical factors could be unless you either are so hurt you cannot move and then if that is the case then you have other issues to deal then what side of the field you are on. But maybe that was a good consideration when teams passed only once or twice a game. Now these guys pass 30 times every week and are a constant threat in most offenses to throw. I just do not see how you can see a big play like a QB hit on and you have to rule on a fumble or incomplete pass, which could result in an easy score if the defense gets to the ball. I would not want that game changing play to be decided by anything else other then having a good look. That is why it is silly to me to be opposite the passing arm and no one gets a good look. Because the wing has more to watch then the passer even when they roll to their side. That is not a situation you want to guess on IMO. I do not see what play calling issues would change that ruling.

Peace