View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 04, 2013, 10:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potato View Post
What if a team throws the ball into the air, bench people starts running in, the opposing team goes & steal the ball and goes for the basket, how would you call it?
That depends. If the shot was released before the horn, I would count the basket. Otherwise, wave it off and head to the showers

Quote:
Originally Posted by potato View Post
Not that it happened but the guy tossed the ball into the air infront of the opponent before everyone steps in, so i'm guess if the opponent really hated losing a championship he'd just grab the ball and do something with it.

In that case the game would be considered still ongoing so you'll have to call technicals on teams that went into the court, even if both team does it, or you'll just gonna ignore the player's action and treat it as irrelevant and end the game?
Tell you what. You go ahead and call those technical fouls. Maybe you can sell your uniforms on eBay. 'Cause you damn sure won't be working again.

My advice to you: stop trying to come up with these ridiculous situations where you would make a call no other official would ever make and start reading and learning from the veteran officials on this forum. You'll be much better off. Good luck to you!

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith