View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 29, 2013, 10:57am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

The basis for my original post was to clarify who should have been called out, the runner or the batter. Mr. Booth advised if the catcher drops the ball he becomes an OP and 7.11 applies, so calling the runner out was proper. Thank you. As stated I was not at the game (in Mexico fishing) and was told of the play and protest by others. The reason for my post was to clarify the call, not the protest. Hark Dulai is the UIC for the league hosting the tourney. His brother was the protesting manager. Hark was nothing more than a fan at that game. He replied to this post, clarifying information I had gotten wrong, including the catcher dropping the ball. Instead of taking the corrected information Hark gets bombarded because as a IUC he should "back the blue", among other things. I have since learned more information and yes the PU blew the call and yes the tourney officials dropped the ball (there was an attempt to protest).

I am a little league umpire, no more-no less. It has been suggested by several High School coaches that I join a High School Association. I have been told I have the talent to work much higher levels. Even though it is good on the ego that others think highly of my skills, being retired law enforcement with a passion to travel the world with fly rods in hand, I do not "live" umpiring like many on the board. Even though I do not live umpiring, I worked over 100 games this year and want to be the best I can be. I will soon be taking the position of our Dist UIC. When I discovered this web site I thought it would be a great avenue to get answers to questions I may have. My friend Hark Dulai is an outstanding little league UIC and HS umpire, working his way towards college ball. When he replies to this post to clarify the details he gets kicked in the teeth.

I hoped this site would be a venue for people like me to reach out to others, who have much more training, experience and knowledge. Instead I see a bunch of roosters in a ring trying to prove who has the sharpest spurs. I will hopefully find another site where it's members are not so critical of each other. I am now deleting this site from my Favorites, heading to my man cave to tie some flies for an up coming trip to Brazil. Good luck to you all.