View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 23, 2013, 01:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Siler View Post
Just joined the forum (5 minute ago). My experience is all Little League. I am about to join a Ca. LL District staff as UIC. There was a call in a sectional major game last month that won't go away. I was in Mexico fishing and missed it. My home league is playing and at bat. Runner on 3rd, 1 out. Catcher drops pitch and it rolls away. R3 starts home. He realizes he will not get home safely, so he u-turns it and heads back to third. Catcher picks up the ball throws to third. Batter is still in the box with bat held above his head. Ball strikes the bat. PU calls batter interference, claiming batter had time to step clear of the play at third. PU then calls R3 out and allows batter to continue at the plate. Offensive manager challenges because play was at third, batter should be out, not R3. He does not challenge the interference call. Manager then requests to protest when PU doesn't reverse the call. PU doesn't allow protest. Manager goes to tournament director for help, who also doesn't allow the protest. Manger blows up and and gets tossed.

Manager's brother is league UIC. He claims to have called W regional and was told batter should have been called out. Dist UIC hosting tournament tells me he called W regional and was told PU was correct, R3 was properly called out. in reading 6.06 (c) (several times) it appears clear to me that the call was incorrect, that the batter should have been called out.

Any help out there?
Did the manager not know that he could refuse to play until the protest was resolved up to a final ruling at WP?