View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 13, 2013, 04:12pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Step On It ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Stop with the "steps" thinking. It's not part of the rule. A player is either holding the ball or dribbling the ball. If he's dribbling, then there are no restrictions on the movement of the feet. If he's holding the ball, then the pivot foot movement is restricted. Deciding when a player goes from dribbling to holding is judgment, and the judgment is not based on the number of steps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You cannot talk about steps when steps is no where in the rule or explanation of what is a violation or allowed by a player.
Listen to bob, and to JRutledge. It's not about counting steps. It's never about counting steps. Never has been about counting steps. Never will be about counting steps. It's about the pivot foot, and only about the pivot foot. Period. Stop talking about counting steps.

To put it another way, in regard to traveling, never use the word, "step(s)", as a noun, i.e., "The player takes two steps", rather, only use the word, "step(s)", as a verb, i.e., "The player's right foot is his pivot foot, and he steps with his left foot".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)