View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 13, 2013, 12:33am
Esteemed Forum Member

Stop Counting Steps ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by potato View Post
They usually run 3-4 steps with the hand in contact with the ball ... their hand can stay in contact with the ball longer.
"3-4 steps"? Stop counting steps. Counting steps has nothing to do with traveling, it's all about identifying a pivot foot and knowing the limitations on the player's pivot foot once that player holds the ball (always listen to bob).

"Hand can stay in contact with the ball". "Stay"? If the hand is staying in contact with the ball, then the player is probably holding the ball, the dribble has ended, now you have limitations in regard to what you can, and cannot, legally do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by potato View Post
I'm guessing traveling is one of those more difficult to make type of judgment calls.
Traveling is the toughest call for me to make in a game. Not block/charge. Not rebounding fouls. Not fouls committed against players in the act of shooting. Not intentional fouls. Thirty-two years working games, a ton of experience, and I still have one, or two, tough traveling calls every week during the season.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Aug 13, 2013 at 05:53am.