View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 13, 2013, 12:20am
Esteemed Forum Member

Words Get In The Way (Gloria Estefan) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by potato View Post
Have the ball stay on my hand for 2 seconds, all it takes is a little bit of lateral movement, and soft hands to make it "stick" with the ball, you can keep it longer on the hand if you run faster to create more lateral force on the ball and it won't be palming or carry.
"Stay on my hand"? That's holding the ball, dribble has ended, now you have limitations in regard to what you can, and cannot, legally do.

"Lateral movement"? Once that hand gets to the point where it's perpendicular to the floor, officials will start their decision making process in regard to whether, or not, you are holding the ball. Most will probably decide that you are holding the ball, the dribble has ended, now you have limitations in regard to what you can, and cannot, legally do.

"Stick"? That's holding the ball, dribble has ended, now you have limitations in regard to what you can, and cannot, legally do.

"On the hand"? That's holding the ball, dribble has ended, now you have limitations in regard to what you can, and cannot, legally do.

"It won't be palming or carry"? Yes it will be. Call it what you like, palming, carry, or travel, but it's illegal. See post #32 above.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Aug 13, 2013 at 02:45am.