View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 09, 2013, 05:05pm
Ok is the new good

Quote:
Originally Posted by BktBallRef View Post
Actually, that not what happens.

The majority of the time, your off topic remark, joke, "funny" pic, etc. is the FIRST such post in a topic. Many times it completely derails the topic of discussion or ends the discussion. That's the real issue I have with such posts.

For years, I've complained about jokes and off topic crap that derails good discussion. I started the notorious "Moderators" thread in September 2008. A couple of people didn't speak to me much after that and basically I stopped visiting the site. Even now, I don't visit more than once or twice a week, perhaps a little more during the season. I'm sure that makes some people happy. But for me, the fact that the OT posts derail good discussions is why I don't visit like I used to.

Billy Mac, I'm sure you're a good guy and a great official but your off topic posts annoy the hell out of me. I probably miss out on some good stuff you post but I can sort through the other stuff to find it. No offense meant to you, that's just how I see it.

Just my 2 cents.
I get annoyed by folks who ALWAYS need to be in the center of the circle..is that what is going on with Billy Mac? That's a different question.