View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 08, 2013, 08:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
If the Forum wants to go 100% serious, and the moderators followup on that policy, then I will still post, I can be 100% serious, but life's too short ...
Nowhere in this thread and nowhere in the "Moderators" thread from September 25, 2008 did I ever say I think the forum should be 100% serious.

What I've said is:

I object to off topic posts, lame jokes, pics, etc. that DERAIL a good discussion. I object when a newbie asked a question but gets such posts instead. I object to such posts hijacking threads. I object to such posts resulting in a second conversation within a thread.

This same basic discussion occurred in the 2008 thread. It would seem we have the same issues now as then. Promises made but with time, people revert to who they are. For example BillyMac, you posted:

"In my case, I determined that my actions were unwelcome, and that I was not a good citizen of the community, with some input from several Forum members, including some moderators. Over the past several weeks, the posts criticizing my image posting seemed to get more serious, and less good natured. I decided that I did not want to be viewed as an obnoxious Forum member, so I made my own decision to only post infrequent, on topic images. I thank those that advised me to tone it down."

I wonder how long that lasted? Shrug. I don't know, but I do know I have no desire for you to leave or to be 100% serious. But I don't think asking for 90% serious is too much.

Here's a link to that thread for anyone who would like to read it. Meanwhile, I've said my piece. Gotta prepare for a Sunday football clinic. Thanks to Smitty, Bob and Camron for the supportive comments. Later!

Moderators

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith