View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 31, 2013, 03:45pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Don't Move ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Most players have no idea what you mean when you say "Designated spot" or what that means they can or cannot do.
Agree 100%. However, they do know what, "Don't move", means, and that statement is not factually correct based on the rules. They can move either, or both, feet anywhere within the three foot wide designated area. They can move one foot to the left side, or to the right side, of the three foot wide designated area, as long as they keep one foot in the three foot wide designated area. And they can move as far back as they can, taking as many steps as they want to, in the five second time limit. Spin that anyway you want to, but that's moving, so why would anyone, not necessarily you, tell a player that they can't move on a designated spot throwin?

"Hey Mr. BillyMac, you told me not to move on my throwin a few plays ago, so why did my opponent get to move a few feet on a that last throwin? Why didn't you blow your whistle?

Also, I had to T up a coach this past year because he wouldn't stop complaining to my partner, who, as the administering official, let a player "move" on a designated spot throwin. The coach kept saying, "But he can't move". My partner tried, and I tried, to explain the movement limitations on a designated spot throwin, but he wouldn't accept any of that, he just kept saying, "But he can't move". Eventually, I had to tell him to, "Sit down".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Jul 31, 2013 at 06:09pm.