Thread: What do you do?
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 23, 2013, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post
Had a case with a ball coming from behind me as PU, not seen until pitcher in motion, let it go on.
BU saw it coming before pitcher moved, called no-pitch.
I think we were both correct. Agree?
Stopping a play before the ball is put into play is perfect. However, I disagree with killing the ball as you have seen here, those who support that seem to want to always rule with the offense. And I believe Steve noted that there shouldn't be a presumption of an out.

Well, I don't buy that. If you can presume the runner would be safe, you should be able to presume s/he would not. This is what happens when you try to extend the rules beyond what is offered in the book or interpretation by an authorized official.

And AFA a spectator doing something intentionally, when was the last time a coach admitted some idiot fan was indeed with his team and should be penalized accordingly? I've heard more denials of association from coaches involving fans than the Roman guard heard from Peter.