Thread: New ASA Shirts?
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 16, 2013, 12:37pm
Stirrer of the Pot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I have heard of umpires calling Official Gear and ordering uniform merchandise and requesting the new logo. If they cannot get the new logo, they cancel the order or return the merchandise. It just depends on what you want, specific sizes, and whether the person you talk to at Official Gear is willing to work with you.
Yeah, I just called Official Gear to ask, and the representative did say they're exhausting what they currently have before they send out the new stuff.

I went ahead and ordered some shirts and hats to take with me to my National tournament in Florida next week, but will use them only if necessary (depending on how many games I do per day). If I manage to get through the tourney without using what I bought, I'll send it back to them if they still have the old logo.
"Let's face it. Umpiring is not an easy or happy way to make a living. In the abuse they suffer, and the pay they get for it, you see an imbalance that can only be explained by their need to stay close to a game they can't resist." -- Bob Uecker