View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 15, 2013, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outathm View Post
I did mean to say that ISF dropped the ball. I have no issue with ASA uniforms being worn, but it should be an ASA tournament to do so. I seem to remember last year tuning in to the "Premiere Girls Championship' games being televised on one of the 'other' sports only channels and seeing the umpires all wearing ASA gear, to include the ball bags on the plate umpire.

Now admittedly, I notice umpires more than the casual viewer, but the 'mom or dad' who was tuning in late would think this was an ASA tournament. The same is true of this tournament, with ASA being worn by the umpires. The casual observer would not have known this was being played under international rules, they would only see another 'brand' prominently displayed.
Not sure what tournament you saw, but I can ABSOLUTELY guarantee you did not see ASA anything at the Premier. SoCal ASA even had people there watching and taking pictures of who was there; there would have been an instant lawsuit for trademark infringement if PGF used anything ASA.

I am sure you saw it somewhere, but it wasn't there.