Thread: Can I be sued?
View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 12, 2013, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

Can I be sued?

Last night I am working wreck ball at a NBA players summer camp. I have some pretty talented young kids. A mix of 5th and 6th graders. I see one warming up with a brace on his wrist that extends half way down his forearm. I ask to feel it and sure enough it has a 8 inch x 1 inch blade of steel from the palm of his hand down the wrist, etc. He broke his arm and is using this to protect it. I tell him he can not play with it and will need it removed and have a soft bandage instead. He runs up to his mom and she puts a ace bandage OVER it and the coach tries to get him back into the game.My boss/coach/administrator seats with the parent and debates it. I tell him I dont mind going to another court and having that referee come take my spot to play. Basically 4 other crews had said it was ok so I was in the wrong. I said I would talk to some lawyers and get him information that he or I would be held responsible if the kid hurt someone. I realized this is the only place I work where I am actually an employee. So I believe the business would be sued not me. I wanted to hear opinions and was hoping one of you was a lawyer...

Thanks in advance