View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 09, 2013, 11:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Zebra View Post
And that in a nutshell, is the real rip-off of college "exposure" camps. The CAMPER pays for the privilege to work 2-3 times as many games as needed. All the while the "clinician" is making huge bucks off of campers who stand absolutely no chance of getting picked up. The NCAA operates like a monopoly, but the individual conferences that endorse or tolerate this camp structure are just as bad. I don't know what alternative there is...but I know there has to be a better way.
Just a thought...what about the clinician must create attendance standards, the conference for whom "clinician" works must approve the list of campers and a camper can only attend the camp three times. If the clinician cannot determine if they are qualified to work games for that conference in three years two things are probably true; the camper is not ready and the clinician is either a bad judge of talent or just in it for the money

There were "rumors" back when about an assignor in this area. You had to attend at least 4 of his camps before he would seriously consider you and if you worked more than 3 games you were just a "camp body" to cover games. Don't know if they were true but I heard them several times for different people.