View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 06, 2013, 12:26am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to swerv17
I'm looking at this play from a "science" standpoint and than an "art" standpoint. Initially, the drive is coming out of T's area. At the point of contact, you can't even see the T in the picture. The L is already set at the end line and ready to receive the play. Initially, you want the T to be at the 28' mark which you can see marked on the court. When there is contact in the lane, there is a good 1-2 seconds before you see the trail in the picture. I would like to see the T already connected to this play and walk it to the rim so that when contact occurs, it is more viable and believable. I think the L could be more at a close down/pinch the paint mode. As far as the "art" side, the official does not give a preliminary in the video, unless he gave it before you see him in the frame. You just see him pointing. I think he could project more strength, which would have come from giving a pre signal. A lot have commented on the push before the contact. Ask yourself this: which is the elephant and which is the ant? I don't think the "push" had any effect on the offensive player, but the contact caused by him was the greater of the two, or the elephant, IMO. Great play for discussion!

Keep learning and geting better. Give back what you have learned and experienced to someone else. We'll all be better officials for it.

"Rules competency breeds calmness and confidence in chaos."-Vince Iandoli

"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying." - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption