View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 05, 2013, 02:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehair View Post
Yet, in 6.2.4H, B was charged a strike for one foot only (a) out of the BB.

No, 7-3-1 could stay as it is. 7-3-1 is generally intended for the time in between pitches. In essance a game speed up rule.

Agreed, but it is not an uncommon occurance...not the same thing. Every season I have a HS varsity B trying to disrupt F1's rhythm by asking for time/stepping out at inappropriate times. This is the kind of action that I believe Fed was trying to legislate against.

Agree. I would prefer to go with OBR rules for this offense, but Fed seemed to want to penalize B for stepping out at inappropriate times. They can keep the desired penalty for B mucking up play. They just need to tidy up the contradicting rules/CB plays.

Thanks, for making me re-read all the relevant rules. The issue here is that the pitch can't by rule happen if he hesitates in his delivery because by another rule the ball is dead. I get that. I think I understand the spirit and intent of the rule, 6-2-4. I agree that the case play seems to contradict both 6-2-4 and 7-3-1 because in the case play, F1 has not hesitated in his delivery. So in this instance and the original post, I think there is stick lying on the ground one end of which is shitty. I think the shitty end is call a pitch that is a ball a strike. If the pitcher hesitates, its easy: do over.