View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 17, 2000, 05:46am
Do not give a damn!!

Question How?

How can you prevent a blowout this bad if one team is so much better than the other team? You cannot expect that the kids that are more talented to stop playing. They want to do good too. It is not like football that you just tell a team to just run the ball, but even then if a team is more talented, it might not make much difference. But that is my opinion.

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Rookie
"We played everybody," Oakridge coach Chris Spurlock said. "I don't know what else we could have done."
I did a game that could have been almost this bad, except that the coach did know "what else" could be done. These kinds of blow-outs are a pet peeve of mine. I think running up the score is very unsportsmanlike. Personal opinion.

This game I did the other night, the coach put in her third string of course, and then started designing new plays, that her kids weren't very good at. Then every girl played in an unfamiliar position. Because of these adjustments by the way-ahead team, the final score was "only" 82-24, although it was 56-10 at the half. Also, I never heard a single word of complaint from the coach, although last year a different coach of the same team chipped constantly through the three games I worked for his team. I like this new coach a lot better!!