View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 24, 2013, 03:11pm
Official Forum Member

I think Joe did a great job on the play period. I've had the pleasure of working with him many times and like many of us, he takes umpiring very seriously and works to get every aspect of his umpiring done exactly the way it needs to be done. I believe strongly that he called the entire play exactly as the NCAA wants the play officiated during Championship Play. The play will probably be dissected in January, and we will hear that it was done professionally and exactly the way that the NCAA wants it done in the post-season.

One poster already mentioned, had Joe ejected either/both players in rapid fashion, the media would have focused on that rather than any other portion of the contest. Joe got his warning in and the game finished without incident and the teams decided the outcome. The only ones still talking about the play are umpires and few of us have been in Joe's shoes on that stage. Well done by Joe and great overall job by the men representing the best of us this year at the CWS.

Last edited by Durham; Mon Jun 24, 2013 at 03:14pm.