View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 01, 2003, 03:03pm
Official Forum Member

Wink Come on , JIM...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Porter
Quote:
Originally posted by chris s
I use the sign to prevent F1 from tossing too soon, ie; batter not "reasonably set"
Well, that's a problem. What you're doing is redundant. The pitcher is already required by rule to wait for the batter to be reasonably set. Keep your hand down. Force the pitcher to deliver the ball according to the rules.

If he's about to quick-pitch, step from behind the plate, throw your hands in the air, and call time very loudly. Then remind the pitcher of his duty to wait for the batter to be set. If he does it again, call the quick pitch.

The only time I put my hand up is if the batter looks like he might be set, but asks for time because of a bug in his eye, or some other rare occurrence. I go several games in a row without sticking my hand up, and I rarely have a problem. Get over the hand habit and your games will run themselves quite smoothly.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
BELIEVE me, there is no redundancy!!!! Why call the QP when these kids are learning? To bring the house down on you?? All-star tourney play, I am gonna nail it, reg season...I hate cheap runs. The coaches got enough on thier hands...a QP call is gonna be prevented in my games...LOOK at your post... Cheers bud...BTW hows things going? You ok after your med prob??