View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 01, 2003, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Smile Uhhh, Bob...

Quote:
Originally posted by bob jenkins
Quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]
Pony ball - 13-14 year olds. Three “time” questions: First, if I call time out for any reason, is time back in as soon as I crouch behind the plate, or must I say “play”, OR is it "adequate" to point to the pitcher? Second, if the batter is in the box but gestures that he needs a few moments to get set, so I hold my hand up “stop” style to the pitcher, is time out until I point to the pitcher, or can he make a throw to a base? Finally, if a runner is off a base, and I call time, and later order “play”, and see that the runner has not returned to his base, and the pitcher pitches, do I just allow the runner to proceed?, AND, should I have instructed him to return to his base before I ordered: “play”? thanks- David
Isn't that 4 questions?

1) You must (well, should) put the ball back in play. Either a point, or a point and verbal will work (use what others use).

2) If the hand is up, time is out.

3) Don't do anything.

4) He need not retouch, but be sure he's "close" to the bag -- so the defense can't get an easy out, or he cna't have an easy steal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~
PONY is OBR, #2 is correct for FED, but OBR??? That's ok, I use it also, keeps the craphouse from happening(BIG GRIN)