Thread: Trivia
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 18, 2013, 08:04pm
Official Forum Member

xtremeump

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
I have really thought about it, and I've somehow managed to not come to that conclusion. Umpires running around inventing mechanics that are not recognized by their partners, or being where they should not be - those are the "enemy of realistic umpiring" if there is such a thing.
Please do not think that I am refering to most of you guys. It is a slang word that I picked up for Umpires that will not change for the good of the game. Umpires that were never trained by a school or clinic. But now they are a 30 year Umpire, & I after goine to real training and schools try to show them the new way of officiating. They do not listen, they are CLONES, they will not change at all, and they will not attened any clinics. I know that we feal diferent about a few things but I can get past that. We are in the position that we are in because we voluntered at one point in our life. Now it is our lifestyle, & i would not change a thing. Quality of LIFE is more important than anything. Sorry for the rant.