Thread: Trivia
View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 18, 2013, 11:56am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeump View Post
Simply answer the OP question ??? That play will never happen, but if we all can learn something thats a good thing. Cecilone and Irish have a question not a comment on how the CLONES do things, first time for everything. Its ok that you guys are afraid of Jay, he likes it that way.
That play almost did happen in my fathers slow pitch league many years ago. There were bases loaded, 2 outs, last inning. I don't recall the score. The runner at third is walking home, while the runners on second and first are sprinting trying to score. By the time the runner from 3rd gets near the plate the runner on second is going into a slide and the runner from 1st is right behind him.

The throw also came in at about the same time. The R1 (3b) touched the plate, R2 slide in under the tag, and R3 was nailed at the plate for the third out.

The only reason I know this is it was part of a discussion on the way to MIS for the NASCAR race Sunday. One of the players involved is still an idiot working at the same place and they were talking stories of his stupidity (he was the runner on 3rd).

From what I recall, and they recall, had the catcher been touching the plate when the ball was caught, R1 would have been out as a force, from a ball that was a double off the bat.