Thread: Summer Ball
View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 17, 2013, 11:38am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I doubt it. His point is that since some people (even officials) can't get one rule set right, it is OK to have multiple rule sets which creates even more confusion. How that is a good thing, is beyond me. If there are people that can't keep one straight, how does he expect it to be better when people have to keep 3-4 straight?
Actually is was funny that the guy claimed to be a high school official and did not know a basic rule that he would have to apply. I will admit that I am making a larger point that you tried to suggest that all rules should not be different, but that was not the case in this conversation. And the conversation was more extensive then I mentioned. He literally was claiming you could not apply continuous motion when a player started his motion on the floor or in the manner my partner and me were applying the rules.

And truth be told most of us only have to apply 1 or 2 at most. And if you are doing pro rules an a regular basis, you probably are not doing high school rules most of the time.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Mon Jun 17, 2013 at 12:27pm.