View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 14, 2013, 12:10am
Official Forum Member

For almost 20 yrs I have been going with one ball in/out on the corners at ALL levels worked and either I am the luckiest guy in the region or I am doing something right because it is rare that I get a 21/4 hr+ game (unless its extra innings). The key is consistency and good position to see pitches properly! Pitchers and batters will adjust by the end of their first inning of play.

I don't follow the prescribed 2 on the outside, 1 on the inside "clinic" nonsense or should I say that I have never been taught that at any clinic I ever attended. IMO if you are consistent calling one ball in/out and have solid mechanics that allow clear vision of the entire zone you will find that your games will run much smoother and, as a by-product, more timely.

If F2 needs to be handled, the best way to do that is to have a consistent zone communicated crisply and with good timing....above all else - be professional at all times as respect is easy to give but very hard to earn.