View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 12, 2013, 01:52pm
Official Forum Member

A Long Road Back

It’s worth a shot. For the last 6 years I have been fighting a heart issue that took me off the floor. The cardiologist gave very strict orders to do nothing strenuous, lift nothing over 10 pounds, don’t get the heart rate accelerated, etc…even after the pacemaker went in. Two months ago I got the green light to resume life (after 4 procedures on the heart) as the energy level all allowed. After some reassurances that it was indeed safe since I have to depend on the pacemaker, I have decided to see if I can get back out there.

It's not going to be easy. I have to drop the 60 pounds I put on during the “Screw it, I don’t care what happens if I can’t do the things I enjoy” period. Even though round is a shape, I have to get into at least decent shape and I have to build up to being able to do more than jog around a court one and a half times without sucking wind. And with this extra weight I could feel even that in the leg joints. I am hoping that reading the back and forth and all the stories will keep me motivated. I really miss being out there…heck, I even miss the coaches and the yelling fans.

I know this is only important to me…but I feel like if I make a goal public I am a little more accountable.