View Single Post
Old Fri May 30, 2003, 06:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ChampaignBlue
Here's a case that I believe the field belongs to the ump.

Last night I had a long fly ball hit down the 3rd base line and just before a running left fielder caught the ball here comes F6 to stand directly on the line. I signaled fair then called the catch. I then informed F6 that I need to have the line or the benefit of the doubt goes to the offense.6" one way or the other is all I need. No problems after that.

And of course we've all had the on deck guy that needs a good look at the play at the plate.
Yep, not problem with that which is why I mentioned it earlier. However, I usually don't have a problem with the on-deck batter. I try to place myself in front of him/her and take two steps back saying, "I need this space". They either get the hint and back off, or I keep pushing back until I need to release to get into position for the play. With many of the fields in my area, that often presses them against the backstop.