View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 04, 2013, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
Curious why you would say this. He said, "The ball bounces off the LF's glove near the wall." I can't imagine NOT going out on such a ball could possibly be the right answer. I'm not exactly famous for taking chap's side on this site... But in this case going out had to be right.
I will go on record as disagreeing with the chase decision. I personally think that base umpires chasing because of the less than 1% catch/no catch situation that the plate umpire MAY not clearly see (but HAS to judge any other fr*cking time the same ball is NOT in a chase area) compared to the probably 50% or more liklihood of a play at the bases that plate umpire can NEVER get in good position for, let alone the possibility of multiple plays on multiple runners, multiple appeals for leaving early, missed bases, etc..

Yep, put me down for STAY HERE AND BE A BASE UMPIRE, not chase that low percentage issue.

Chase with 3 man mechanics, because we now revert to two man, OK. Chase in 2 man, better be one or no runners in my game.