View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 03, 2013, 06:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
I had this in a JV game a few weeks ago.

I am the BU. Runners on 2nd and 3rd, or bases loaded. Fly ball towards the gap between LF and CF. LF is speedy and might get to the ball. I decide 1 am going out, so I yell "Going" to my partner. The ball bounces off the LF's glove near the wall. Since there was only 1 out, players held up on the play to see if it would be caught. After the bounces off the LF's glove when she made a diving attempt, she immediately picks it up and fires it to the SS (cutoff), who guns it to second base. B4 had rounded second thinking of going to third and was now making a quick retreat back to 2b. The throw comes in and there is a close play at 2b. Since this was 2man, and I had gone out, I was watching the play, but wasn't in position to make the call. I look for my partner to make the call, and he is standing behind home plate.

What should I do? Should I wait for him to make a decision, even though I don't think he was watching the play? Should I call the play the way I saw it from about 20 feet into the outfield grass and about 45 degrees to the base?

I did not go out on another fly ball the rest of that game because I wasn't sure if he would cover the bases or not on the play.
I think you should buy your partner dinner.
And lots of beer.