View Single Post
Old Fri May 31, 2013, 01:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by recoachtn View Post
Would there not be call for some sort of interference? In this case, the throwing error that allowed the second runner to score was in response to R2 heading back towards third. I can understand not removing the run from the board but is there no effect of his reentering the field of play while play is still active?

What would the call be if a player from the dugout entered the field of play?

FWIW, this play had absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game. Just hate not knowing.

Thanks for the responses!
No interference, unless the reverse running was intentional (and it would have to be pretty obvious to make that determination.) Offensive personnel on the field of play have differing burdens of responsibility to avoid interfering, and a scored runner generally has to intentionally interfere for it to be illegal.

A player out of the dugout, OTOH, would be interference, because he is not authorized to be on the field of play.