View Single Post
Old Wed May 29, 2013, 10:37am
Official Forum Member

Do you want a case play every week?

Hello Football Officials,

About a year ago, I started to send out a football case play every week with federation rules. Since then, the group has grown to over 500 recipients of this email. I would like to invite you and your association to join and receive these emails. If you are interested, I will need the following information to sign people up.

First Name (Required)
Last Name
Email Address (Required)

The information can be sent to: [email protected]

I am not a business. I am not making a dime. I'm just a fellow official who enjoys looking at case plays and I'd love to share. Below is an example of an email I sent out last week.

Thank you and I look forward to it,

Nick

<<EXAMPLE>>

Here is the Play of the Week…

SITUATION: Fourth and 10 on K’s 45-yard line. K1 punts the ball beyond the neutral zone. R1 muffs the ball back behind the neutral zone where K1 recovers and: (a) falls on the ball at K’s 40-yard line; or (b) throws a forward pass to K3 which is complete at the 50-yard line and R1 interferes with K3; or (c) K1 punts the ball and R1 fair catches at his 30-yard line.

(Scroll down for answer)

RULING: Since R1 touched the kick beyond the neutral zone, it will be first down for the team in possession in (a), (b) and (c). In (a), it is a first down for K at K’s 40-yard line. In (b), the pass is legal as there had been no change of team possession. If K accepts the penalty for interference, it will be K’s ball at R’s 40-yard line. In (c), the second punt is legal as there had been no change of team possession. The ball belongs to R first and 10 on its own 30-yard line. (5-1-2f; 5-1-3; 6-2-1; 7-5-1)