View Single Post
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 05:23pm
Official Forum Member

whoa I'm not attacking anything. I think it's hard as hell to hit the ball. I get very impatient and basically am a slap hitter now. I was a power hitter in baseball, because i could make good contact and well the speed of the pitch with the hard ball makes it go.

Softball takes strength also, I don't have the muscles to jack it over the fence so i resort to basehitting. I watched a guy on the other team rip 3 over the fence, and i mean OVER the fence. He cleared the scoreboard!

To be honest I came here to clarify my question on the runners. I think its wrong and don't agree with it, but hey what i think is irrelavent. I didn't come here to bash softball, just wanted an answer and for the most part i got it. thanks guys

IRISHMAFIA,

The rule of the runner getting out of the way is what i'm questioning. The play that i got upset about last night was when i went to throw the ball, there runner pulled up and stopped right in the baseline, about 3 feet from me. If I were to follow through my motion i would have surely collided with him, atleast my arm or hand. He proceeded to nice and easy glide through the base and make a u turn.

That is an unsafe practice that i find unacceptable, its not right, its not sportsmanlike, its against everything i was ever taught. Maybe i don't take this lightly because i play middle infield and have dealt with this situation for years.

And this players practicing??? Are you saying I don't practice? I've played hardball for twenty years, i played in college for 2 years...i've done my share of practicing.