View Single Post
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 04:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zoomie
Dakota,

Suggestion taken, i'll lower my tone a little.

From what i've seen so far softball is a very defensive minded game. Balls are hit into play many more times over than a baseball. So fielding and defense are crucial to winning. IF you can get good outs quick and stay in the batter box hittin the ball you're going to win ballgames.

So why have a rule that favors the hitters?...its already heavily skewed to there favor by chucking a HUGE ball slow as christmas at them. Our poor thirdbaseman is a sitting duck out there, a new meaning to the "hot corner".
What rules favor the hitters other than the equipment? BTW, the rules for ALL ASA ball are the same in this situation.

My problem here is that you may not have understood that softball is a recreational sport. There is a lot of give and take in softball, like not hitting up the middle.

But you wonder how the plays are made. It's simple, players practice. There is nothing you've asked here that is not routinely done in softball games from girls 12 years old to the seniors, some over 70.

Maybe to appreciate the game a bit more, you might need to go watch some good ball. Maybe some JO travel ball or some Major or A slow pitch, could give you a little more insight to the game.