View Single Post
Old Fri May 24, 2013, 10:13am
TODO: creative title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 2-32-14
ART. 14 . . . A snapper is the player who is facing his opponent's goal line with his shoulders approximately parallel thereto and who snaps the ball. In a scrimmage-kick formation, the snapper remains a snapper until he has had a reasonable opportunity to regain his balance and protect himself or until he blocks or moves to otherwise participate in the play.
(emphasis mine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 7-1-6
ART. 6 . . . Following the ready-for-play and after the snapper has placed his hand(s) on the ball, encroachment occurs if any other player breaks the plane of the neutral zone.
So there's no possible encroachment until the snapper places his hand(s) on the ball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FED 7-1-7
ART. 7 . . . After the ball is marked ready for play and before the snap begins, no false start shall be made by any A player. It is a false start if:

a. A shift or feigned charge simulates action at the snap.

b. Any act is clearly intended to cause B to encroach.

c. Any A player on his line between the snapper and the player on the end of his line, after having placed a hand(s) on or near the ground, moves his hand(s) or makes any quick movement.
If nobody is yet positioned as a snapper (ie: has his hands on the ball), I'd be hard-pressed to have a false start under A, B, or C, although of course it's a HTBT situation.

With that said, I don't see how there would be much of any advantage to Team A/K making formation shifts like this... and why would you want to put your team in a position of making an official use his judgement as to what constitutes a false start under A, B, or C above.