View Single Post
Old Thu May 23, 2013, 12:37pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopachunts View Post
No relation to Earl. Went to Junior High with him. He, his brothers, and his mother are GREAT people. He also makes some pretty good hot links. If you watched the Heisman ceremony, he couldn't go up on stage. He can barely walk.

On the weather issue, I don't know who the teams were but last week they started a playoff game in Waco, and in the bottom of the first inning the weather caused the game to be suspended without a chance to be finished on Friday night. They drove to Arlington to finish the game. Otherwise the series would have been a one-game series completed on Saturday. I hope the crews turned in a new pay sheet for mileage.
Anything from the third round up until the state finals is a crap shoot at best. Filled in emergency for an umpire whose wife went into labor early. We went from Grand Prairie, stopped at Tyler, and finished in Kilgore. Long day, and everybody from the teams, fans, and umpires were just flat out exhausted and frustrated.

I attended one AAA playoff game, probably third round, a few years back. The four man crew came out wearing red shirts, and blew rotations. I doubt they will be invited back soon.

From what I've seen from our chapter in the playoffs, it's the same bunch working together. It got to the point that I was tired of giving my money to people that only took care of themselves. I would work the first six weeks, and call it a season.

One year they assigned some that didn't even bother to show for any meetings, and didn't take the state test.