View Single Post
Old Thu May 29, 2003, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

there was more to it than what i have said, some heated words between more than just myself and the opposing team. There were some other questionable acts by the other team, that i thought were pretty low. That's not the issue at hand though.

It was a long game, jawing and talking was ongoing. I'm not justifying what i did, i take full responsibilty, but given the same situation i'd be willing to bet one of there players would have done the same thing if not more. I didn't throw at him intentionally, i made a clear motion straight toward him and wanted to zing it by his head. He flinched...the wrong direction and it ended up catching his nose. For his sake it didn't hit him straight on...a glancing shot that careened to the pitcher. In any case, it hurt. They all wanted to beat my butt after the game, threats and stuff. I left it on the field where it belongs...just the way i was taught.

If i got kicked out of the league, suits me fine, so far i'm the best player we've come across yet. I've had guys from the other leagues(i guess the better divisions..i'm still new to this softball thing) come ask me to play for them. I haven't picked up a glove in about 4 years and am pretty rusty i think but apparently i misjudged the level of play. Some of these guys are really terrible.

I'm just gonna "enjoy" it and make my plays, if i can't turn a DP because of an obnoxious fool then what can i do, the rules seem to be clear (from what a couple of officials have referenced) that the fielder gets the short end of the stick here. Its just irritating, i like playing hard, i like playing rough, try and take me out you're supposed too. But don't just stand in the way like a tree, thats just ignorant, and in my opinion unsportsmanlike.

I play hockey recreationally as well, and well i'm pretty aggressive there too. I get in fights and play rough...but it's almost excepted that it stays on the ice, when the game's over i'll go BS with the other team and raz them...its all good fun. That other softball team took it too far and really got out of hand. I left it on the field, they didn't, too bad more people can't do that.