View Single Post
Old Mon May 20, 2013, 09:46pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisonlj View Post
This is the example from last year of one such play. I remember reading something following the game that the conference supported this. We also had a discussion at our local conference meeting wanting a flag for this kind of tackle.

Alabama player goons Missouri Running Back with following 2 plays - YouTube

I don't remember seeing many like this before last year but I remember seeing 4 or 5 last year and we had one in a HS game that was close. It's not specifically listed in the rule book. The ball is still live so the hit isn't late. I thought we would see something in this year's rule book or at least in clinic presentations but I haven't seen anything. I assume it's still supported since it was last year but it wasn't emphasised.
OK, but that is a body slam. Not sure when anytime that is necessary to make a play on any ball carrier. The play we were talking about was a runner advancing and got hit hard while advancing and still on his feet. The Alabama play the runner was totally in the grasp and surrounded. That is why that was unnecessary, but not if he was just hit hard.

Peace