View Single Post
Old Sat May 18, 2013, 02:45pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Excellent, With Some Questions And/Or Suggestions ...

1) IAABO mechanics: Referee observes visitors warming up, and umpire observes home players warming up. It also used to be that way with NFHS mechanics, but we switched to IAABO mechanics several years ago, so I'm unaware of the current NFHS guidelines.

2) In addition to looking for illegal uniforms, the officials should also look for illegal equipment, and jewelry.

3) In addition to asking the coaches about properly equipped players, they should also ask about players wearing legal uniforms, and about players knowing how to wear their uniforms properly. (NFHS 2-4-5: Verify with the head coach, prior to each contest, that his/her team member’s uniforms and equipment are legal and will be worn properly, and that all participants will exhibit proper sporting behavior throughout the contest.)

4) IAABO mechanics: Captains (and coaches) meeting takes place between the jump ball circle and the table, not in the jump ball circle, but I have no knowledge of current NFHS mechanics in regard to this.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun May 19, 2013 at 07:49am.