View Single Post
Old Mon May 13, 2013, 01:32pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kala View Post
Championship game during a tournament!!! While keeping the books I notice the wrong batter! While bringing this up to the ump we compared books with the opposing team, they say "sorry wrong number right name"! Which technically to me would be out of order! Number should trump name! Ther name could be joe blow for all I know! Does anyone have any insight! I've looked for rules on this and have found that there is nothing to do other than "trust" the other team is telling the truth! Well this team is not very "trustworthy" they had family of team members honking horns behind the outfield when there girls would hit to distract our fielders! If there's no penalty I see no reason to bring it up to the umpire! Way to stressful!!!

Thank you in advance!!!
Although there may be some, I can't think of any rule set that does not say that the number is the final determination of the proper batter. It is always the name that counts, there may be penalties for submitting an improper line-up card, but it is the name of the player that takes precidence.