Thread: T or no T
View Single Post
Old Wed May 08, 2013, 01:18pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deecee View Post
I agree, but we don't know nor can we tell how loud he is asking (I have worked with quiet talkers) and it is clear she doesn't see him. Once she does notice she just turns and heads towards the ball. In my experience this is the calmest "showing up" an official I have ever seen. She just looks clueless from this clip and doesn't come off like its attitude laden. I mean its 8 seconds of video, I wish there was some context.
And that is a fair assement of the video. But my experiece tells me that this was a rather disrespectful response. Now as I have said I probably would give a T but I could see myself as finding anotehr way. I worked with someone this year in a college game that told the guy "You better pick that ball up or I am giving you a T." The player went and got the ball and gave it to him. The official is a D1 guy (not that the player knew this) and I am sure he would have been supported by the supervisor. Context does matter, but who you work for and who you are might matter too.

Peace