Thread: T or no T
View Single Post
Old Wed May 08, 2013, 11:52am
Do not give a damn!!

Giving Ts is always going to be subjective. We all have differnet experience to handle situation. For all we know even in this video the officials might have dealt with that player later or not allowed her to get away with anything. And I bet if she got a T for that, then the next thing you would see a coach complain that the official was over stepping their bounds or making it about them.

It is great to take quotes from an article that do not really mean anything in an unrelated situations. But I do recall that when Bryce Harper was thrown out of a baseball game for a gesture during a ball and strikes dispute, I do recall the media ripping the umpire for "making it about him" or overstepping his authority. And by all accounts the actions of Harper have been considered inappropriate for probably close to a 100 years. But no, the umpire was ripped apart and those never umpired comment aobut how the umpire went "400 feet away" threw out a "star player" that everyone wanted to see. Now this is of course pro sports, but that attitude is not something we all have not dealt with in amateur sports too. And I know that if I had given a T to this player in the vidoe I know some people would claim it was not warranted or that I should have dealt with it another way.

Peace