View Single Post
Old Tue May 07, 2013, 10:20pm
C'mon man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokiePaul View Post
Without a lengthy discussion, how do you know for sure that the foul occurred "right after" as opposed to "right before" the basket was made?

I'm probably trusting my partner and assuming that the foul occurred before the ball went through, even if the whistle was delayed slightly. If there is significant doubt, I guess I might run over real quick and say something like "ball went in; just wanted to make sure that you had the foul before the ball went through the basket", but if he goes to report the foul, I'm not arguing that it occurred after the ball went through (since I was not the calling official).
In this scenario my partner said that it was after the ball went through. And yes, I meant before the ball was at the disposal of the thrower. Ball passes through net, foul, ball hits the ground, whistle, ball then at disposal of the thrower.

i guess my real overall question is that my P said that the ball can't be dead after a made basket because the clock is still running. I disagreed.