View Single Post
Old Tue May 27, 2003, 09:48am
Official Forum Member

Yeah, saw the out of the box call. Ridiculous. Batter didn't even move her feet - just pivoted as she hit. No obvious lines; no foot movement; no call would have been proper. Terrible call. Coach accepted the call with minimal conversation... wonder if the TV cameras inhibited her from really voicing her opinion?

The next game (UCLA vs. UT) the umpire couldn't find the zone. First pitch of the game looked to be a foot up and a foot outside... STRIKE. What??? Left handed pitcher (Cat O.) can't get a call on the inside edge of plate but she got a couple on the outside. Seemed wrong to me... pitch across the plate (left to right) can't get the call; pitch completely outside the plate (left to left) get that call. UCLA (Goerl) seemed to get a more generous zone. It looked mediocre at best. Funny looking strike signal... thumb forward, arm extended toward pitcher... Oh well, I was watching TV, they were working. Guess that shows what my opinion should count for.... nothing.

It was great to see the games on the tube.