Thread: Jinney Finch
View Single Post
Old Tue May 27, 2003, 06:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Follett
I, too, enjoyed the softball coverage. Jenny added a lot to the broadcast, and was very easy on the eyes ;-}

I was amused when she was talking about one of the pitcher's (can't remember which one) strikeout ratios, though. She said "She's got 20 strikeouts in 14 innings of work. That's 2 strikeouts per inning."
Must be blonde math........I can live with a minor mistake like that anytime. I hope they bring her back next year!!
She'll be too busy with the Olympic team this time next year, as will Nuvemann.

I'm aware they receive little practice, but someone should tell them that is is not necessary to fill every second of air time with inane chatter. Many of the stupid comments were not on something difficult, but relatively simple which they should have known as players. ESPN has taken a hit on this year after year and you would think by now, they would have gotten the idea that being a player doesn't necessarily make an individual knowledgeable of the game.

And yes, I did know the difference between radius and diameter and recognized it as any high school graduate should have.