View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 14, 2013, 01:30pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Seems more like you're the seller of this than just a user (your username is whistleprod and the device is cleanwhistleproducts.com. That is all fine if you're open about it but making it sound like you're a customer is a bit shady.

I also just looked at that. It seems like a waste of money and it really isn't cleaning them. It may be sanitizing them, however. It is blasting them with UV light. That will kill the germs that the light reaches but I'd be skeptical about whether the UV light can reach all the insides of the whistle where it is likely damp the longest and where the bacteria is most likely to grow.

Instead, I pour 2-3 ounces of Listerine in a small cup and drop the whistles into it for a couple hours. That definitely reaches the entire whistle, will kill anything that is there, and will dissolve or soften most of the residue that may have formed so that it can be rinsed away under the faucet. Cost... probably pennies per year.

CLEAN WHISTLES?? I DON'T NEED NO STINKN' CLEAN WHISTLES!!

MTD, Sr.

P.S. I checked the website: $39.95 plus S/H. I could have bought one large size bottle of Listerine when I first started officiating for far less than that had still have half the bottle left.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio