View Single Post
Old Sun May 25, 2003, 04:35pm
Official Forum Member

Interesting calls this weekend in tournament play. Thought I'd share and ask at same time. Because I do little league, I have to learn as I go in ASA. For 10U play

1. Situation 1: R1 at 2nd, Batter grounds to F6, F6 overthrows F3 over fence. Each player was awarded one base. Is this correct? LL is 2.

2. Situation 2: No runners, Batter grounds to F6, F6 underthrows F3, BR advances to 2nd, F3 overthrows F4, BR advanced to 3rd. Runner was told to go back to 2nd. Does the "runner may steal or advance" 1 base per pitch apply in this situation? Why was runner forced to stay at 2nd?

3. Situation 3: R1 at 2nd, Pitcher delivers and R1 steals to 3rd, F2 overthrows F5 and R1 is allowed to run home and score. Is this correct?

4. Crow Hopping. All umps say they see it but won't call it. I explained that at this level should be where they do call it because it helps train the girls for the next level where it's rarely called too. Seems all the umps around here do not want to call it from fear of being black balled or something. Would you call it?

And I know many of you might think 10U tournament play shouldn't be allowed; I disagree. It's a great opportunity for talented kids to play at a higher level. Plus, most of these kids are 11 anyway!