View Single Post
Old Sun May 25, 2003, 11:57am
Official Forum Member

Talking Chuch's nitting again!

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Maybe I'm missing Tony's point, but I don't think Ralph's description is right. Yes, whoever calls the foul goes opposite to the C position. But the Old Trail does not necessarily become the new Lead. What if it's the Old Trail that called the foul? Then s/he becomes the C, not the new Lead.
Didn't mean to confuse things. I was actually only addressing the original situation that Ralph asked about. That is where the L would call the foul and we go to the other end to shhot. But in these long posts, things seem to always get twisted. The important thing is that whoever calls the foul ALWAYS goes to C when shooting FTs. Ralph seemed to be struggling with that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ralph Stubenthal
In high school 3 person mechanics I am told that you don't switch on a foul which causes the ball to go the other direction ie. a foul by the offense in the front court. So in a situation where there is a foul committed on one end and foul shots will be taken on the other end of the court, I assume there will be no switch after the foul is reported but then, what are the positions that the 3 officials take up on the other end to set up for the free throws?

2 rules that will keep you out of trouble in 3 man.

1- Whoever calls the foul ALWAYS goes to C when shooting FTs.

2- If you're tableside and you don't call the foul, you NEVER switch. You may have to transistion or rotate from one position to another but you NEVER switch.