View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 06:34pm
Official Forum Member

Less than 40 / No more than 20 !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallfouls View Post
I think crews need to have this kind of awareness. I had a game this year and the crew called 32 fouls in the 1st half. In my opinion it was just too many. The half was excrutiating to be part of. There were too many whistles on marginal contact.

We talked at half, and only had 17 fouls the rest of the game. They were obvious, they fit the game, and they were correct.
ICF -

Great point !!! What usually happens is some guy goes into the locker room at half time thinkin he just got right 7 whistles where he had "and 1's (hate that term), but the reality is he didn't have to call 6 of those because the kid played through marginal contact on all of them. The crew talks about it, players come out at half time referee is more patient and everyone is happy. Same contact occurs, ball goes in bucket and all is well!!!!

I think this is along the line of what Rut is talking about...

Long time ago went to a camp and was told "philisophically speaking" to keep the foul total below 40 and each team shooting less than 20 ft's a night and in most situations this will lead to a good night.....20 years later that statement proved right more often than wrong.....

I will now wait for the purists who don't go to camp to bash me