View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 05:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post

I am also a clinician in my state. Which means I am one of many that can run a camp and instructed on how to teach officials how to do their jobs. What often happens when I evaluate games when I am observing officials I often ask them, "What did you see?" Then when they tell me, I either evaluate based on what they say as well. Officials on the floor see different things than we see on these plays from a non-officiating position. I know many of you here think that because you see something on the tape that is obvious to you, but officials when asked give interesting explanations. And often their explanation is not far-fetched or even wrong, they just see plays differently because they did not rule these things in slow motion and with some standard that applies to your experience. And to me I would rather ask the official in question than people watching the game that want to make every thing nefarious as to why a play is called or not called from your thinking.

Peace
Rut, becoming a clinician and running a camp is about as hard as getting a plumber's license (meaning: if you have a pulse, you can get certified as a clinician and be a plumber - on and off the court. )